Friday, April 26, 2013

Welcome Back

Well I've been back for a few days now, but have been too busy/lazy/tired to upload any pictures or do anything except post a picture of me next to a Galapagos giant tortoise on Facebook. I meant to post that when I got back from the Galapagos, but my internet was being crappy so that image of a dream fulfilled couldn't meet the internet until recently. Hopefully people are intelligent enough to realize that there are no Galapagos giant tortoises in the Amazon.

Podocnemis unifilis
Is it a Galapagos tortoise? Who knows.

Anyway, there is too much to write about the time I spent at Tiputini so you'll just have to watch the piece on the surrounding area, Yasuni, on Rock Center with Brian Wililams on NBC, which apparently got pushed back to May 3rd. Obviously, the most biodiverse place on the planet is not that important so it shouldn't come as a shock to you that I haven't wrote much yet. One thing I will mention is that you can see monkeys everyday.

Oh the horror. Who wants to see monkeys everday? Not me! But I did... It's hard to miss them since they're so smelly. And stupid. And not reptiles. Or even amphibians. And boring. National Geographic had a "beautiful" spread on the ten species of monkeys in their 125th anniversary issue earlier this year which was taken at Tiputini. Ten different species of monkey occurring at high abundance in a small area. Great.

Stay tuned for next time with 100% less content about monkeys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment