Sunday, March 3, 2013

Back from Mindo

So I'm gonna talk about sharks.

 GRAPHIC

Yeah, so while I have a few things from this past weekend to blog about (SNAKES!) I figured I'd wrap up the last thing from the coast.

Saturday is the big day at Puerto Lopez fish market. The catches are much larger both in number of species and size of fish. I guess all the fish are drunk enough Friday night to bite onto the long lines of the fisherman or something.

Unfortunately, this isn't very pretty. It's pretty sad to see a shark butchered because of the demand for shark fin soup in Asia. Not too sustainable. I wish I knew more, but I don't so here's a really gruesome video for you to watch for awareness or something. It should also be noted that the future of marlin (and swordfish and sailfish) is not too good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment